Date: June 19, 2016
Bible Text: | Pastor Patrick Garrett
LET THEM LEAVE: LESSONS ON FATHERHOOD FROM A FIRST CENTURY FISHERMAN MARK 1. 14-20 | FATHER’S DAY 2016 | PR PATRICK GARRETT
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION OR GROUP USE
1. Discuss your disagreement or agreement with the statement “holiness is more important than happiness” as it relates to parenting, your relationships and our how you view life’s pursuits in general.
2. As a father, do you recognise you’re the element of stewardship as it regards your own children? Do you take upon yourself a healthy responsibility for them, or care for them as if ‘everything depended upon you’?
3. How are you doing in the evangelism and discipleship of your children? It’s not too late…if no children, can you assist others in this call and become the ‘spiritual father’ to one in your life?
4. Are you a son of the heavenly Father? Have you come through the Son to follow?
5. What is holding you back from ‘letting them leave’?