Date: December 31, 2017
Bible Text: | Pastor Stephan Bauer
Mark 13:32-37 - “God’s House and His Watchmen”
Sun. Dec. 31st 2017 – Pastor Stephan
I. The LORD Watches over His House to Establish and Build it for His Glory (Psa. 127:1).
II. Jesus Established His Church to Be Watchful in all her Activities (Mark 13:32-36).
A. Watchmen are to be alert while eagerly expecting the Lord’s return (vs. 32-34).
B. Watchfulness implies that we hasten Christ’s return by diligently engaging in His work (vs. 35-36).
III. The Life of the Watchful Christian is One of Continuous Spiritual Development (Mark 13:37; Isa 56:10-12).
Questions for Study and Reflection
1. What experience(s) do you have with a watchman? What was their job? Who or what were they watching?
2. Read Psa. 127:1. What is the role of the watchman? What is the role of the builder? What is the Lord’s role in both of these functions?
3. Read Mark 13:32-37. What is the context for these verses?
4. What were the disciples to be watchful of (vs. 32-34)? In your own life and the life of the church, what things are we to be watchful of today?
5. What were the disciples supposed to be doing as they watched (vs. 35-36)? In your own life and the life of the church, what things are we to be doing today?
6. What charge does God bring upon the watchmen of Isaiah’s day (Isa. 56:10-12)? What is the charge that Jesus lays upon all Christians (vs. 37)? What does this look like in your daily activities?
7. Reflect upon what things you should begin to do or not do come 2018. Write these down for remembrance sake.