Date: October 9, 2016
Bible Text: | Pastor Stephan Bauer
1 Chr. 16:7-36 – “Giving Thanks”
Sun. Oct. 9th 2016 - Pastor Stephan
I. The LORD is to be Praised and Worshiped because He Alone is God (1 Chr. 16:7-14).
II. We Express our Loving Gratitude for God’s Bountiful Provision (1 Chr. 16:15-22).
III. We are Eternally Grateful for All the LORD has done to make us His Own (1 Chr. 16:23-33).
IV. We Thank the LORD for the Blessed Hope we have in Him (1 Chr. 16:34-36).
V. In our Thanks Giving make God’s Love Known so Others May also Give Thanks.
Questions for Study and Reflection
1. Why do you think it is important to constantly cultivate an attitude of gratitude? According to 1 Thes. 5:18, when and why are we commanded to do this? How are we to do this even during difficult circumstances?
2. Read 1 Chr. 16:1-36. Note all of the things for which the Lord’s people are to praise Him for, thank Him for, etc. Which of these stands out to you most? Why?
3. Elaborate on each of the points I through IV above. Are these easy things or difficult things to do? Why or why not?
4. What are the three commands found in vs. 8, and why are these important? Why is it important to do what point V above suggests?
5. Reflect this week on what things you are most thankful to the Lord for. Take time to write them down. Can you think of a couple of people who need to hear about all the good things the Lord has done for you? Write their names down, pray for an opportunity to share with them, then do it!