Date: October 28, 2018
Bible Text: | Pastor Stephan Bauer
1 Pet. 1:5b – “Revealed in the Last Time”
Identity in Christ Series, Week 4
Sun. Oct. 28th 2018 – Pastor Stephan
I. God’s Love Propels People into a Spirit-Empowered Path of Restoration to the Fullness of Christ (1 Pet. 1:3-12).
II. Believers are in Constant Awareness that they Live on Eternity’s Precipice (1 Pet. 1:5).
A. Believers live in eager expectation of everlasting life and blessedness in heaven (1 Cor. 2:9-10).
B. At that time, the perishable and mortal will be clothed with the imperishable and immortality (1 Cor. 15:51-58).
C. Until that day, the saints must persevere in the outworking of their salvation (Phil. 2:12-13).
D. This outworking includes seeking first God’s Kingdom purposes and plans (Matt. 6:33).
III. Radical Transformation is to be Hungered For and Pursued as we Await the Unveiling (2 Cor. 3:10-18; Phil. 3:7-17).
Questions for Study and Reflection
1. Recall a time when you or someone close to you experienced a sudden unveiling to great surprise and delight. What was it? How did it stay hidden? What was felt upon the discovery of that which was anticipated?
2. Read 1 Pet. 1:3-12. What was it that caused Peter to be so exuberant at the start of vs. 3? Do you share that same exuberance? Why or why not?
3. Review point II above. What other words or phrases are used to describe this? Can you say that this is true for you? Why or why not?
4. Review points IIA through D above, looking up each of the associated Scripture. Do you agree with each? Why or why not?
5. Read the Scripture associated with point III above. What is it that the writer of these passages was seeking? What was he waiting for? What was he doing in the meantime? Do you see these same characteristics in your life? If yes, then why? If not, then what can or should you be doing?
6. Take time this week to reflect further upon Phil. 3:7-17. What was it that propelled the apostle forward in his quest? What was he looking forward to attaining? Is this passage one of hope to you personally? Who do you know that needs to know and hear about this hope and joy and
Download Files Notes