Date: November 18, 2018
Bible Text: | Pastor Stephan Bauer
1 Pet. 1:11b – “The Glories That Would Follow”
Identity in Christ Series, Week 7
Sun. Nov. 18th 2018 – Pastor Stephan
I. The Glory of Jesus Christ Incarnate and Resurrected is Incomprehensibly Wondrous (1 Pet. 1:11b)!
II. The Work of Redeeming Creation is why Jesus became “God with Us” (1 Pet. 1:11b).
A. Understanding our identity in Christ is essential for living a victorious Christian life (1 John 3:1-3).
1. You don’t change yourself by your perception; you change your perception of yourself by believing the truth.
2. We are completely identifiable with Christ in His death, burial, resurrection, ascension, life, power and inheritance.
B. We need to establish our Christian lives based upon what we believe instead of how we behave (Col. 1:27; 2 Cor. 6:14-18).
C. Believers are not trying to become children of God. They are children of God who are becoming more and more like Christ (John 17:15-17).
sanctify - to separate from profane things and to dedicate to God, either things or people; to purify not only externally but to purify internally by a renewing of the soul; to free from the guilt of sin
D. The proof is in the fruit that is produced as we believe and walk in the truth (1 Pet. 1:13-16; 1 Cor. 15:31-33).
III. The Redemptive Transformation of All Creation Results in Glorious Praise to God (1 Pet. 1:11b)!
Questions for Study and Reflection
1. What are some of the things people say when they consider the best thing that has ever happened to them? What would you say?
2. Read 1 Pet. 1:3-12. Reflect upon the points above. Which statements cause you great joy and excitement? Are there any statements which you doubt or have difficulty with? Why?
3. This week take time once again to reflect upon all of the identity statements of who you are in
Download Files Notes